Monday, June 4, 2012

Trip to Portland, OR


As many of you know, my brother Greg graduated from Lewis & Clark College about a month ago. So, I trekked across the country to Portland, OR. I flew out on a Friday- arrived in time for dinner- and left Sunday morning before the commencement ceremony, where MARTY SELIGMAN was the guest speaker. I figure the important part was being there with family for the weekend, right?

Anyway,

Saturday we spent here:


touring the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.  

Here:



Where I bought this:



And here:  



Seriously, I thought winter had ended.

The day ended with dinner at this place called Truss in the Marriott Downtown Waterfront. It was fabulous.

I LOVED the socials we shared:

Smoked salmon, capers, arugula…



And

A jar of goat cheese with tomatoes and fresh basil to spread on toasted crackers.



I obviously also would have loved to try their Bacon Bacon Bacon: house glazed pork belly, bacon jam, and sweet & spicy strips, but I think it would have been slightly too much for my family. My obsession supersedes that of most. 


In between this and the main course, the waiter brought us a palette cleanser consisting of tonic water with rhubarb and grape:  


I am not sure I can describe how amazing it was. A little fizzy, slightly sweet, yet a tad tangy and soo fresh tasting. I have never had anything with grape in it taste so incredible! I wanted to add some vodka and drink it all day.

The menu was full of delectable entrees as well, including lamb shank with tomatoes and toasted hazelnut polenta, rib eye steak with blue cheese butter and duck fat fried shoestring potatoes, and what I ordered: salmon with horseradish mashed potatoes and beets.

It. Was. Exceptional.

All in all, a quick and successfully tasty trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment