Thursday, September 6, 2012

Summer Status

First, I apologize for this summer's blogging hiatus. In a nutshell: I moved to Brooklyn (finally), went on vacation, partied a lot, set up my new apartment, and hardly cooked anything (sad face). I did make one great meal, though, more about that later.

Now, to update, this is what summer looked like according to my iPhone:

Summer Salad: greens, goat cheese, green apple, and pecans in a raspberry vinaigrette.




Reeses cup in a cookie. Mustgohere.





Vacation hors d'Ĺ“uvres: Eggs Two Ways. The best vacation days are those in which I am in charge of the pre-meal snacks.





Have you ever had South African food? UH.MAZE.ING.


Vacation not complete without some fried clams. Sand included, of course.




This food:

At this place:
= Just the beginning of the best Monday FunDay.


Did someone say vodka watermelon?

Oh, yeah, THIS is my backyard:


Belgian beer and mussels at Monk's in Philadelphia. Plus french fries? Yes please, thankyouverymuch.

Then......

And fun. ensued



Brunch at Aperitivo. Go there. Immediately. Bottomless mimosas for $4. This is not a joke.
(Plus, the omelets are incredible. Shown is prosciutto, mozzarella, and basil. Also delicious: goat cheese and mushroom.)

Oh! And this is what the new place looks like!




And fiiiinally, here is the ONE meal I cooked!
BBQ spiced salmon with pineapple jalapeno salsa, beer risotto, and goat cheese stuffed tomatoes.


Oh yeah, AND I WENT TO ROCKAWAY BEACH. Labor Day weekend was sufficiently the end of summer.


Now, back to real life. Who's excited?


PS. This blog was intended to include mostly recipes, and I know that the past 3 posts have included everything but. This will change. Soon. I promise.

PPS. Can you tell I've been obsessed with Instagram?

No comments:

Post a Comment