Sunday, May 13, 2012

On The First Warm Day in May


These past few beautiful days have got me thinking of summer. The following are some summer things. 

1. This hat:









2. Ever had fruit that looked like this?



Seriously, they call it dragon fruit for a reason.

Texture like a kiwi, but sweet and light and oh so summery. I want to put it in a salsa. With jicama. And strawberries. Or something.








3. Speaking of strawberries, I made my first fruit salad of the season. Simple and somewhat random: Asian pear, strawberry, and plum. It was crisp and sweet and juicy and perfect.




(PS. How much do you love that Essie glitter nailpolish?! I'm obsessed.)








4. I ordered these shoes from Madewell over a month ago.


They finally arrived and I was so excited, only to put them on and realize that they are SO small. I’m totally bummed. I had reeeallyy been looking forward to wearing them with white cropped denim.








5. Hipster jokes are no longer warranted considering the preppy nature of #5.





6. Doesn’t this song just scream sunshine? Check out Gaby Moreno here too. 


Anyone wanna come over and make sangria? And pretend it’s really summer? And sit outside in shorts? Good, see you soon. Bring snacks.

1 comment:

  1. Why yes indeed, I have had dragon fruit.... in China, as a matter of fact. It was a regular staple at the breakfast buffets. I made the mistake of nibbling the pink rind.... once.

    ReplyDelete